The Office of Academic Challenge and Enrichment and CALA offer monthly meetings and workshops around issues of advanced learning. All CPS parents and educators are welcome to attend. If you would like to suggest a topic or recommend a speaker, please contact Paula Feynman, CPS’s Academic Challenge Program Manager – your ideas are greatly appreciated!
Here are upcoming events:
Parent Advisory Group on Advanced Learning (PAG-AL)
The Parent Advisory Group on Advanced Learning is a parent-led group dedicated to having a positive impact on programs in our district, provide valuable activities for parents, and add an important voice to our school district’s dialogue and decision making. All are invited to:
- Meet with other parents to share experiences and offer mutual support
- Learn from free workshops on topics requested by parents
- Understand the mechanisms CPS has in place to support students with advanced learning needs
- Join our parents-only, email support list, to ask questions and share resources
- Voice your concerns about issues affecting children with advanced learning needs in CPS
Meetings for 2015-2016 school year are monthly, on the 3rd Wednesday of the Month (except Feb and April).
Dates: Oct 21, Nov 18, Dec 16, Jan 20, Feb 10, March16, April 13, May 18
Location: 1st Floor Conference Room, Cambridge Rindge and Latin HS, 459 Broadway, Cambridge, MA
Light refreshments will be provided.